Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

English Club

New experience. I got lots of new experience lately. Even maybe one of them are easy for someone who have a good confidence on their self. But for ME, that thing is the last thing that I wanna do in this earth. The "unactive" leader of our English Club choose 3 member from the last english club to be the next leader who will continue the "death or live" of english club (lol). And the surprising thing was.. I AM THE ONE OF THE CANDIDATE TO BE THE NEXT LEADER! Yes call me overacting. But honestly I don't thing that's an over react. Because I'm no good at speaking in front people. Lots of people. And she asked us to promote ourselves in front of the freshmen. Freshmen. They could do anything that could surprise us. But thank god because of my un-capability in speaking in front of people, they didn't choose me at all. And again, I don't wanna be the leader either. I don't have any experience in leading something. And my 'shy-ness' of course.

So the freshmen has chosen their "best" on their own. And the result is.. Ta-daa the foreigner won the election. The next day after the election, our club begun our first meeting. Introduction as always. We got too many members or we usually call it "over capacity". I don't think too many members is good. It is good if they got a good capability in english. But you know.. Some of them dunno why they joined our club. Some of them don't have the skill in speaking english. And some of them don't have the confidence (like me!) even actually they have a good skill in english. But the worst is.. The new leader left the meeting for the Japanese club! That was irresponsible at all. And she should know that. I know the first meeting was kinda boring. But hello, you are the new leader. You are chosen because they think you are responsible. I know that was the first meeting and they don't need you at all. But still you must be there. And fyi I sacrifice the Japanese club for our lovely English club. That's because those extra got the same time and I prefer the first extra than the second one.

We are the examples of the senior class. We should show our responsibility and our skill to lead them into good things. Teach them how to speak english better maybe. One thing, you should sacrifice something for a more important thing. Sometimes I wish I am the leader. But I don't have the confidence! So I must bury that dream deep inside my heart.

And I need to write another post in Indonesian to show what I've learn lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment