Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Sensation of Playing Hotel Dusk 215



Well I know it is kinda late to play this game cz this one already released a few years ago. I've finished this game 2 days ago and I think the ending is kinda good but I still have some curiosity with the characters. What happen after the problems solved? What happen after Kyle Hyde left Hotel Dusk? So is it mean that Bradley the main mystery of this game is already dead? Gah this game is making me curious!

But however, this is a good game. It is called as visual novel right? And it was a good story to read. And the riddles, also the puzzles are sometimes hard to finish using the emulators (well I use emulator cz I don't have the actual NDS! *o*V) And the walking progress was kinda killing! I feel he walks too slow cz I can walk faster than him lol. But I can feel the sensation. I feel my heart beats faster at first cz I thought it was a horror game! But glad that this one was not (I scared at things like that but still have the curiousity to play game like that =="). The graphic was great I think. I also like how the creator of this game in this case CING and Nintendo connect each of the characters so they are related one and other. That is sooo great! And by the way my mum said that Kyle Hyde is damn handsome. Teehee~

By the way this game remind me with the situation of Another Code: Two Memories. The sound when a riddle appear is just the same. But there are some differences too. Another Code is using a big house in a scary island for the setting and Hotel Dusk is using a mysterious hotel. And the main characters for both games are different. Both are great games and puzzle based games.

My favorite part of Hotel Dusk is before the last chapter. Kyle saw Louie fainted in the wine cellar and suddenly someone is hitting him. Gosh I was kinda shocked. My favorite riddle is in the bar. The matchstick puzzle. That was fun. And the hardest part goes to winding the cassette. It was taking around an hour to really understand how it works and sometimes it can't wind at all. So I must wind patiently and wait until it rolled.

And my favorite character in this game goes to..

Mila
At first I thought she is a ghost that maybe from Kyle Hyde's past. But after a few chapters I found out that she don't related to Kyle at all. She is a daughter of a gallery owner and also the previous owner of Hotel Dusk, Robert Evans. At first she doesn't talk cz she lost her voice because of a traumatic accident but in chapter nine she will recovered and tell that she was hospitalized and having a coma for ten years. She is looking for her dad in that hotel and she also the main character of this game. Also she is CUTE! I love her eyes, match with her white hair +w+

And if you are still curious, YAY for Nintendo there is a sequel of this game called Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. Haven't play this one yet cz I just knew it just now. But soon I will try to download it and hopefully play this one in my spare time. After I finish wish that I can write another review like this again ._.

Last one, this is something I copy from wikipedia.

Plot

The plot of Hotel Dusk is based on atmospheres noir of the '70 and tells the story of ex-policeman Kyle Hyde: which the aim is to solve the mystery behind the murder of his team-mate Brian Bradley, a direct cause of his removal from New York City Police Department. Kyle, meanwhile, works as a vendor for the Red Crown, whose president is a friend of his father. Arrived at the Hotel Dusk for a delivery and for spending the night, will be handed over the keys to the room number 215, which, according to the owner of the hotel can cater to the needs of those who sleep. In addition, it is not so long ago, it seems that another score with his own name has accommodated them...

Well this is the end of my review! Thank God I still have the time to write here cz this is my senior year of highschool and it is around 60 days until my FINAL EXAMINATION.
Okay then, have a nice day people. Hope you enjoy this review ^^V

No comments:

Post a Comment