Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

ReviewNotReview: Christopher Robin Movie (2018)


So tonight I've just watched Christoper Robin The Movie, and it happened to be released today.

I don't know why but I feel kinda sad at the prologue of the movie. And actually I already teary from the first time watching the trailer. (And it was getting sadder since I watched it alone while a couple was sitting beside me. Uuu)

This movie made me remember my long lost childhood memories. I remember watching Winnie The Pooh on TV, laughed at Pooh's silly-ness. Pooh's adorable-ness while eating honey. Tigger bouncing around with his spring tail. Eeyore floating on the river. Piglet's stutter and the piglet who sometimes got flown by the wind. Also Rabbit with his (her?) carrot garden. I really grew up with Pooh and his Friends not only from the cartoons, but also the video games.

I also remember my parents bought me and my sis some stuffed plushies of Pooh and Friends, played and sleep with them around. Even though they are all somewhere in the care of some relatives now. 



Spoiler not spoiler, the movie started with the farewell party of Christopher Robin who's going to boarding school (Which sad, I hate farewell). Then about Christopher Robin and his life after moving out from his house in Sussex. 

And life is not going really good, Christopher Robin is not as fun as he used to be. He has to cancel his trip to the countryside with his family, which is his old home in Sussex  because of work. But then something happen and he met Pooh again. Another little big adventure for getting Pooh back to home and his friends.

This movie is really suitable for family and kids, or just grown ups feeling nostalgic. It was kinda weird at first looking at the furry Pooh and friends, but after getting used to it, they look really fluffy and adorable. It was nice to see kids on the studio asking about the Pooh and Friends while the parents explaining about them.

I thought I will get teary the whole movie, well I wasn't. And somehow it was so relatable to life as an adult. Like, when you are being an adult, you've got responsibilities and you might have forget how to have fun. And it is important to have some fun in life.

The movie was so fun and heartwarming made me miss my childhood. There will always nothing wrong with family movies and good endings. I just wish for more Pooh screen time. But this is Christopher Robin movie not Pooh movie hehe.

8/10 for the sake of my childhood memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment