Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Movie Review: Fatal Frame



So last Saturday I decided to watch the Fatal Frame movie at Blitz Megaplex. It was from that famous horror game that creeps you out. They use obscura camera to see and take the pictures of the ghosts to defeat them. The games are so popular and there are 5 series of it so far. The ghosts and environments in this game sometimes looks so real and creepy, it's not recommended for people who got scared easily. Trust me. Enough with the game.


So the movie starts in a girls school. There was this girl named Aya, she is the prettiest girl at school and she has beautiful voice. Everybody 'love' her. Literally. But sadly, she is said to had a curse that only affecting girls. It is said if someone kiss the photo of his/her loved one at midnight, they will be together forever. In the middle of the story, those who kiss or see Aya's picture got disappear and some of them are even dead.

I was so excited in the first half of the movie, but then the girls turned out to have some kind of 'girls bond' and even near 'yuri' relationship. The ghost are not scary at all, she is so pretty even though kinda pale. It kinda ruin the image of the horror in my head. But the story is not that bad.

So, if you are looking for scary ghosts in the game, you won't find them. I thought scary ghosts will appear and I was kinda disappointed. But thank you for the not bad story, and the ending was a good and unexpected ending. Every mysteries got solved too. A long two hours. But actually I was hoping there will be some scary ghosts attacking them but nope, my hopes are all down. Sadly.

I give this movie 6/10, because the girls are cute and the story was not that bad. This movie was a let down for horror lover. Please, the ghost girl is too beautiful to get me creep out. I don't know how many times I said "cute" every time she showed up haha. I recommend this movie for people who love 'yuri' and mystery, not horror.

By the way, this is the trailer. If you curious.


After some googling, I found out that this movie was based on the novel written by Eiji Otsuka titled "Fatal Frame: A Curse Affecting Only Girls". So it's not that surprising if it was not that scary, no? If there is another sequel of the movie, I REALLY wish that there will be scary ghosts too. I love Japanese movies especially their horror movies, so I really hope there will be more Japanese and horror genre movies coming to Indonesia.

Soon, I heard another Japanese movies such as "Parasyte Live Action" will come to the theater. I can't wait since the anime series was interesting. Please don't let me down like this one *A*

That's it for today's post. See you on another movie review!

No comments:

Post a Comment