Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Mille Crêpe, Love at First Bite



Have you ever taste Mille crêpeIt is a cake from French, "Mille" (Reads: Mil) means thousands, so Mille Crepe is Thousands of Crepe layers. I don't know if it's really thousands of layers but it really feels like it has thousands of layers.



The common ingredients for the Crepe layers are flour, milk, eggs, butter, and a pinch of salt. You can make it even more sweet by adding sugar on the batter. There are whipped cream or custard cream in every layer of the cake. You can also add fruits or nuts between the layers according to your taste.

I tasted Mille Crepe for the first time last month from a free tester bite sized cake. It was a new bakery so we take a bite and it tasted heavenly. It was cold yet it melt inside my mouth. The sweetness was so perfect that I want more than one bite. But too bad I didn't have enough money and one slice took 3 days worth of my eating budget (Don't ask how much is it haha). So me and my friends agree to buy it when we got some extra money.



And yesterday, my friend generously treat us the cake! Well it's only a slice for the three of us, but it's more than enough because too much makes the taste disappear. And the taste is still the same as the first time I ate it. The heavenly taste that makes me never forget.

"Love at first bite". Maybe that's the phrase that suits this cake. If you love sweet things, you will love this too. I don't know how this cake can be so popular in Japan and Hokkaido even made this cake as their specialty. I tried to make a little search but I still got no idea about it.

Well if you curious about the taste or more pictures about the cake, please do search for it and spread the delicious taste around the world. That's all from me today, thank you for reading ^^

Picture sources: tumblr and google

No comments:

Post a Comment